These sweet potato rosti's are amazing for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even a mid-day snack.
An even bigger plus is they are so quick and easy to make, so they perfect for families with a busy but health-conscious lifestyle.
So, why should I opt for Sweet Potato over regular potatoes?
Sweet potatoes are a rich source of fiber as well as containing a good amount of vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, selenium, and they also contain a good source of most of our B vitamins and vitamin C.
One of the stand out benefits of sweet potato is that they're high in the antioxidant known as beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A once consumed.
Sweet Potato and Digestive Health:
Sweet potatoes are known for their high fiber, this has been shown to promote a healthy digestive system.
Research so far has only been conducted on animals, but it would appear that the high phytosterol content of sweet potatoes does have a protective effect on the digestive system and may be important in the prevention and management of duodenal and gastric ulcers, including those due to NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen).
Sweet potatoes are also easy to digest as well since they mainly contain starch. They are very soothing to the stomach and, so you can avoid any difficulties of digesting them.
Sweet potato are also one of the highest natural anti-histamine foods and are full of antioxidants that stop the histamine response in cells.
A few more reasons to love Sweet Potatoes...
- Boost Immune System
- Maintain the water balance in our bodies
- May provide relief from Arthritis
- Can help in the treatment of Cancer
We hope you enjoy this quick and easy recipe, as much as we do. Serve them with poached eggs, avocado slices and a drizzle of olive oil, yum!Print
1 large sweet potato, peeled and grated
¼ cup cassava flour
1 egg, whisked
60 grams organic butter, melted
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Mix all ingredients (except coconut oil) in a large bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a medium fry pan on medium heat.
- Using two soup spoons, scoop out the rosti mixture and place in the frying pan and flatten a little. Place as many as you want in the frying pan, making sure the edges don’t touch. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Then repeat until you use up all of the mixture. You may need to add more coconut oil in between batches.