There are those times when we all crave something a little sweet. Put this Coconut & Collagen Tapioca Pudding on your list of go-to healthy dessert/snacks.
These gems are so delicious! They are filled with an almost toasted coconut flavour, and have the healing properties of collagen, a good source of protein from the eggs and well, they are just comforting to enjoy while you put your feet up.
Why is there so much hype over Collagen?
Well, once you have read this, you will love collagen just as much as we do!
Gut Health - When it comes to gut health, Collagen is found in the gut’s connective tissue and can help support and strengthen the protective lining of your digestive tract. This is critically important because if this lining is damaged it can cause leaky gut syndrome, which can allow particles to pass into the bloodstream. This may result in inflammation.
A study tested 170 individuals with Inflammatory Bowel Disease and found that they were more likely to have lower levels of serum collagen. So by increasing your intake of collagen, you could help heal and seal the tissues that line your gastrointestinal tract and this would promote a wide range of benefits, like improved digestion, nutrient absorption, and even a lighter, brighter mood.
Your Skin - Collagen increases skin elasticity. When the connective tissues are replenished, skin maintains its ability to stretch without remaining slack or wrinkled. Our body uses collagen to rejuvenate this tissue, which gives our skin the ability to ‘bounce back’ like an elastic. With the right amount of collagen, your skin looks and feels firm. This firmness, or plumpness, contributes to the visible reduction of fine lines and wrinkles.
Here are just a few more reasons to love Collagen:
- May reduce cellulite and stretch marks
- Improves sleep quality, due to glycine content
- Glycine can also help reduce inflammation
- May ease anxiety
- Relieves joint pain
With all these great healing benefits, its only fitting that it would be recommended to include collagen in your meal plan regularly, especially when it comes to caring for gut.
We hope you enjoy this comforting pudding, that won't only make you happy but will make your gut thrive.Print
½ cup filtered water
4 scoops Grass-Fed Collagen Peptides
⅓ cup pearl tapioca
1 can full-fat coconut milk
2 egg yolks
⅓ cup maple syrup
½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder (or the seeds from 1 vanilla bean)
¼ teaspoon sea salt
To serve: Chia jam of your choice
- Add the filtered water, Collagen Peptides, and small pearl tapioca to a medium saucepan. Stir well and set it aside to rest 30 minutes to allow the tapioca to plump up.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut milk, egg, egg yolks, maple syrup, vanilla bean powder, and sea salt. Whisk together and pour into the saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium-low heat and cook for 15 minutes, stirring continuously. You want the mixture to remain at a low simmer but not a full bowl. Do not stop whisking or the eggs can curdle.
- Portion the pudding into serving cups. Chill a minimum 4 hours to cool and firm up the pudding. Serve with chia jam.