This Red Snapper Stew is brilliant any time of the year, but we have been really enjoying this as a family as the cooler weather starts to set in.
With the addition of the homemade broth or stock, this red snapper stew becomes a gut healing powerhouse! Feel free to make it your own by trying different herbs , and the stew also works really well with salmon or halibut.
Remember to buy organic when ever possible.
We hope you enjoy this yummy healthy red snapper stew. This is just one of the many recipes we have included in our new 28-Day Gut Healing Meal Plan. Click here to learn more.Print
Red Snapper & Kale Stew (Gut Healing)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Course
- 2 tbsp flavourless coconut oil or ghee
- 1/2 cup Onion (Diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- 1 cup Celery (Diced)
- 2 cups Carrot (Diced)
- 5 cups Homemade fish stock (Organic store bought if you are pressed for time is okay.)
- 0.5 kg Red Snapper (wild) (Cubed)
- 2 cups Kale (Chopped)
- 1/2 cup Fresh dill (Chopped)
- 1 Lemon (Zested)
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice (Juiced)
- 1 tsp Sea salt or Pink salt (Or to taste)
- Heat the 2 tbsp. oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, and carrots. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish, and continue to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add the kale, dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, and sea salt. All to simmer for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with additional fresh dill, and serve.