These keto friendly Paprika Spiced Pork Chops and Creamy Spinach is another quick mid-week hit! The unique flavour of the paprika gives this dish a subtle kick that tantalizes the taste buds and will leave you wanting more.
The recipe offers two options, a version which would allow you to use a good quality grass fed cream as the base for the sauce if you are okay with dairy. If you on a dairy-free diet, you can alternatively use coconut cream. Both options are equally delicious!
The paprika gives the sauce a beautiful Himalayan pink colour, which just adds to the subtle beauty of this dish. For extra fiber and veggies, you could also serve it on a bed of zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice or cauliflower mash.
The choices are endless, depending on your favourites and diet preference. Organic steamed jasmine rice will also work well for a higher carb grain option.
Why Eat Paprika?
Paprika is a pepper-based spiced that is known for some incredible healing properties.
- Rich in Antioxidants – some of these include carotenoids. Carotenoids are a pigment that can be found in many plants, they serve the body as antioxidants, and are known for helping fight disease in the body as well as preventing damage from oxidative stress. These are antioxidants are fat soluble, which means they’re absorbed better when consumed with other healthy fats, such as avocado.
- Help in Treating Autoimmune Conditions – Autoimmune diseases occur when our immune systems turn on our body’s host. It has been proven that capsaicin (an ingredient found in chilli peppers) stimulates biological reactions consistent with the treatment of autoimmune disease.
Why Eat Spinach?
As mentioned in our blog post 27 High Fiber Low Carb Foods, spinach is a great source of fiber while remaining low in carbs.
Spinach is also an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, and folate. It is a good source of manganese, magnesium, iron and vitamin B2 as well. We need Vitamin K in order to maintain healthy bones and it is not easy to find a vegetable richer in vitamin K than spinach.
I hope you enjoy the recipe 🙂
Keto Paprika Spiced Pork Chops with Creamy Spinach
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main
4 organic, free-range pork chops
Himalayan Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 small yellow onion, minced
1/3 cup bone broth
1 3/4 cups organic heavy cream (coconut cream, dairy-free alternative)
3 cups baby spinach
1 teaspoon fresh thyme and rosemary
1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork chops on both sides with paprika, salt, and pepper, and cook in the hot pan, for 3-5 minutes on each side depending on the thickness, or until cooked to your liking and golden brown.
- Then remove pork chops from the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter, garlic fresh herbs, and chili pepper and cook for about one minute. Add bone broth, and allow to reduce slightly.
- Now reduce heat and add the heavy cream/coconut cream and gently simmer. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach and allow to wilt in the sauce. Let the sauce simmer for little more, about a minute or two.
- Transfer the pork chops back into the pan to reheat; sprinkle with the parsley, and spoon the sauce over each pork chops. Serve as is, or over steamed vegetables, zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice.