A gut healing soup perfect for any time of the day, whether lunch or dinner it will be a hit! This gut healing turmeric roasted cauliflower soup is full of flavour as well as being loaded with nutrition that is gentle on the gut.
Why is this soup good for gut health?
It's loaded with the healing properties of turmeric, cumin, bone broth, and cauliflower. It's also dairy, gluten, and grain-free, which means less irritation on your gut.
It is great for just about any time of the year and the kids will love it as well!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. Please let us know what you think in the comments, and feel free to make it your own as well!Print
1 medium head of cauliflower chopped
1 medium onion quartered
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup butternut, skin removed and cubed
2 cups bone broth or filter water
2 1/2 cups unsweetened Almond or Coconut milk
Fresh herbs, cracked pepper, lime, olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Add the cauliflower, butternut, onion, and garlic to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and the spices and toss to combine.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes, giving them a toss halfway through.
- Once roasted, transfer them to a saucepan. Add the broth or water and 2 cups of milk, and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover and reduce to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend until smooth. Stir in remaining milk.
- Serve hot and top with desired garnishes.