This is simple, homemade keto guacamole the whole family will love.
This recipe holds a special place in my heart because it allowed me to finally get my kids eating avocado. Until I came up with this simple keto guacamole, they had been resistant to this fat filled super fruit.
We now include this with at least one of our meals on a weekly basis, and it makes me so happy to see them consuming all these healthy fats I know their bodies and brains will love!
It is super versatile and works with many different dishes. If you are keeping it low carb and keto, it can be used as a staple. (Read more about the benefits of ketosis here)
Or, if like my kids you are consuming higher carbohydrates, it also works really well. They love to mix it through their organic basmati rice w/Chicken or Grass-fed beef mince.
By its very nature guacamole can already be a very keto friendly food. But with the addition of further good fats, this simple keto guacamole can take your energy and fat burning efforts to a whole new level.
Without further ado, here is the recipe…Print
- 2 Whole Avocadoes
- 1 Bunch Fresh coriander
- 1/2 clove Organic garlic
- 2 tbsp Olive oil (organic & local)
- 1 tbsp MCT Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Organic full-fat greek yoghurt (Optional if dairy free)
- 1/2 Whole Lime or Lemon (Juiced)
- Scoop the avocado out into a large bowl and mash it up with a fork.
- Add in garlic, olive oil, MCT oil, lime juice, and salt and mix it all together until it is well combined. If you are adding the Greek yoghurt, you also add it to this step.
- Make sure your coriander has been properly washed to remove any sand. Then finely chop it up. (a bit chunky is alright)
- Add the chopped coriander to the rest of the mix it through.
- Do a final check for seasoning, and it is ready to serve!