The ultimate keto raspberry muffins, all you need is a handful of ingredients, mix them all together bake them and Voilà!
You have the yummiest low carb muffins. Perfect for a tea time treat or on the go snack!
These muffins loaded with raspberry and they also contain flaxseed powder for added fiber. Feel free to also add dried coconut flakes if you want them to have more coconut flavour.
The best part about these muffins is you can also freeze a batch and take one out as you need it.
Why We Love Raspberries?
As we mentioned in our 27 High Fiber Low Carb Article, Raspberries are considered to be low in carbs and high in fiber.
Raspberries also contain strong antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Magnesium – needed for reproductive health, quercetin and gallic acid that fight against cancer, heart and circulatory disease and age-related decline.
- High in polyphenolic compounds known for their anti-cancer properties.
- Contain strong antioxidants such as Vitamin C, quercetin and gallic acid.
- Have a high ORAC level – ORAC is a measure of the antioxidant capacity of a substance. Red raspberries with an ORAC of 24 µmole/TE/g are similar to blueberries, well known for their antioxidant values.
- Raspberries have been shown to inhibit the production of COX-I and COX-II enzymes. Anti-inflammatory products like ibuprofen and aspirin, inhibit COX-I and COX-II resulting in the reduction of pain associated with arthritis, gout and other inflammatory conditions.
Now that you itching to try out the recipe, here it is.
We would love to hear your thoughts, and see your pictures so don’t forget to tag us too.
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup flaxseed powder
⅛ teaspoon baking soda
⅛ teaspoon Himalayan salt
3 large eggs
¼ cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons Sweetener, Erythritol or Monk Fruit
1 cup frozen raspberries
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt
- In a separate measuring jug, add eggs, oil, lemon zest, and monk fruit sweetener. Mix together until combined well.
- Add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in raspberries gently.
- Divide batter between 8 muffins cups
- Bake at 180’C for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven, remove from the muffin pan and set on a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or cooled.