We love naan bread, it's great with curries, as well as many other dishes. They only thing with naan is it is typically made with wheat flour, and you know what that means. . . GLUTEN!
Our Coconut Flour Naan bread is a super substitute! It's packed with goodness and healthy fats from the coconut oil and flour. Apart from good fats, coconut flour is a great source of fiber and protein. It is also great as it is low in sugar, carbs and calories!
Cassava flour is also added to the naan, it's a grain free flour we love to use, it adds a more 'bready' texture to the coconut flour naan. And will add a little more of the glutenous texture you are familiar with.
This coconut flour naan goes really well with our Sweet Potato & Cauliflower Dhal. You could even use it as a side to our soups, or anything you want really!
If you try out this yummy coconut flour naan let us know how you go in the comments, and if you discover another dish that it works well with, make sure you let us know!
Deliciously crumbly. A gluten free naan bread to make anyone smile!
4 large eggs, free range
¼ cup coconut oil, melted (or grass fed butter)
½ cup coconut flour
¼ cup cassava flour
¼ teaspoon gluten free baking powder
½ cup water
Himalayan salt to taste
1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
- While the curry is simmering, make the naan. In a bowl, add all the naan bread ingredients except the garlic and mix well to form a smooth dough.
- Separate dough into four balls, gently mold and flatten into naan bread shapes and lay of a well dusted surface (dust using any gluten free flour). Remember because there’s no gluten the dough is a lot more fragile and can break easily.
- Heat a non stick pan to medium heat, a some butter or coconut oil and some half the crushed garlic.
- Once oil and garlic are gently sizzling add two naan breads and cook until the outside is golden and crispy, flip onto the other side and repeat.
- Repeat the process for the remaining naan breads.