Our zucchini and carrot slice recipe could not be easier to make! These are perfect for anyone on the go and even greater for the kids – they’re delicious and loaded with sneaky veggies like broccoli – we won’t tell if you don’t!
If you suffer from IBS and gut sensitivities you will love this recipe, even more, as this recipe is designed to be gentle on the digestive system by only containing Low FODMAP ingredients…
Let us walk you through some of the simple steps to this recipe.
The first thing you need to do is
Add the grated vegetables to a bowl along with the spring onions. At this point, you can add meat if you want a more protein-rich version or omit. Bacon works well or a little free-range shredded chicken. Cheese is also an option, this can also be left out and the recipe will still work just as well.
Now, you can go ahead and add the parsley, and flour. whisk the ingredients together until they are well combined.
Go ahead and add the liquid ingredients, the eggs, ‘milk’ and oils. Mix again, until you have a smooth batter.
Scrape the mixture into a pre-greased heatproof dish and pop it into the oven. Bake the zucchini and carrot slices until they are firm, this could take around 30 minutes.
Once the mixture is cooked through remove it from the oven and cut into slices. They are delicious served warm or cold.
If you want to make a meal of it, serve the slices with a yummy side salad, some ripe avocado or a crunchy slaw. Drizzled with lashings of extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
If you need a little more help along the way, check out our video below. It will show you the ins and outs on making these easy, healthy and scrumptious zucchini and carrots slices… Enjoy!Print
½ cup broccoli, grated
1 medium zucchini, grated
½ cup carrot, grated
2 spring onions (green part only), finely chopped
100g bacon or shredded free range chicken (optional, omit for vegetarian option)
1 cup grated grass fed mozzarella cheese or goats feta (optional)
1 cup Low Fodmap All Purpose flour (we used a combination of ½ cup white rice flour, ¼ cup tapioca flour & ¼ cup oat flour)
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
4 xl free range eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup almond or rice milk
¼ cup olive or coconut oil
1 teaspoon garlic infused oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular brownie/slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing sides to overhang.
- Combine broccoli, zucchini, carrots, spring onion, bacon or chicken if using, cheese, parsley, flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir until well combined then mix in the eggs, milk and oils. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan, evenly spreading the top with a spatula. Bake for 30-35 Minutes or until firm. Set aside to cool then cut into squares.
- Serve with some crisp baby spinach, dressed with a splash of olive oil and lemon juice.
- Serving Size: 6 slices
- Calories: 1835
- Fat: 111.1g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 175.2g
- Cholesterol: 456mg