½ cup broccoli, grated
1 medium zucchini, grated
½ cup carrot, grated
2 spring onions (green part only), finely chopped
100g bacon or shredded free range chicken (optional, omit for vegetarian option)
1 cup grated grass fed mozzarella cheese or goats feta (optional)
1 cup Low Fodmap All Purpose flour (we used a combination of ½ cup white rice flour, ¼ cup tapioca flour & ¼ cup oat flour)
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
4 xl free range eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup almond or rice milk
¼ cup olive or coconut oil
1 teaspoon garlic infused oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular brownie/slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing sides to overhang.
- Combine broccoli, zucchini, carrots, spring onion, bacon or chicken if using, cheese, parsley, flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir until well combined then mix in the eggs, milk and oils. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan, evenly spreading the top with a spatula. Bake for 30-35 Minutes or until firm. Set aside to cool then cut into squares.
- Serve with some crisp baby spinach, dressed with a splash of olive oil and lemon juice.
- Serving Size: 6 slices
- Calories: 1835
- Fat: 111.1g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 175.2g
- Cholesterol: 456mg