This hearty and delicious winter salad will get those taste buds dancing! The Winter Harvest Salad is exactly that warm, comforting and filling.
It is loaded with sweet potato, beetroot, and cauliflower, that has been deliciously roasted with herbs and tossed with fresh baby greens such as rocket/arugula, baby spinach, and watercress, yum! Muddled with cherry tomatoes, mixed seeds, and a herby dressing.
As mentioned above, this vibrant salad comes with a rich and herby dressing including some super herbs, such as parsley and mint.
Heres why we think they should be added to salads more often.
- Parsley – Not just a herb we should use for garnishings. Parsley is great for treating bloating, that is because it is considered to be a diuretic which means the juice from the parsley can treat issues such as bloating, edema and water retention. Parsley also is great in boosting digestion, this is because parsley is rich in enzymes and fiber. Two vital components in aiding good digestion. Enzymes help us to absorb and improve the digestion of proteins and fats in the body as well as cleanse the gastrointestinal tract and maintain overall health.
- Mint – Mint gives off and beautiful refreshing and almost energizing scent and flavor and is known as a calming and soothing herb that has been used in aiding upset stomach or indigestion. This incredible herb is thought to increase bile secretion and encourage bile flow, which helps to speed and ease our digestion and when it comes to our gut it is also known to relieve the pain and discomfort from gas and bloating. This means mint is also great for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) as it has been found to be effective and safe in treating those suffering from abdominal pain or discomfort associated with IBS.
We hope you enjoy this winter warmer of a salad.Print
Winter Harvest Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes +
- Total Time: 45 minutes+
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Light Meal
- Cuisine: Salad
1 head cauliflower
2 sweet potatoes
2 large beetroots
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup fresh mixed herbs
1 large green apple
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons of mixed seeds (pumpkin, flaxseed & sunflower)
2 handfuls of mixed baby greens (watercress, rocket, spinach)
Parsley and Mint Dressing:
½ cup parsley, minced
½ cup mint, chopped
1 small clove garlic, minced
⅔ cup olive oil
Juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon honey (optional)
Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-boil beetroots. Once cooked remove skins and cube.
- Preheat the oven to 220 C. Chop the cauliflower into small florets. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add a few sprigs of thyme or other herbs of your choice. Do the same with the beetroots an either place them to a separate corner of the tray or use a separate tray to stop the color from running on the other veggies.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stir, and roast for another 10-15 minutes. When they are golden and tender, remove from oven and set aside.
- While the veggies are roasting, combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight lid and shake to combine. Chop the apple, and tomatoes and set aside.
- When the vegetables are done, toss everything except beets together. Once it is well combined, gently fold in the beets and serve warm.