1 head cauliflower
2 sweet potatoes
2 large beetroots
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ cup fresh mixed herbs
1 large green apple
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons of mixed seeds (pumpkin, flaxseed & sunflower)
2 handfuls of mixed baby greens (watercress, rocket, spinach)
Parsley and Mint Dressing:
½ cup parsley, minced
½ cup mint, chopped
1 small clove garlic, minced
⅔ cup olive oil
Juice of one lemon
1 teaspoon honey (optional)
Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-boil beetroots. Once cooked remove skins and cube.
- Preheat the oven to 220 C. Chop the cauliflower into small florets. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add a few sprigs of thyme or other herbs of your choice. Do the same with the beetroots an either place them to a separate corner of the tray or use a separate tray to stop the color from running on the other veggies.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stir, and roast for another 10-15 minutes. When they are golden and tender, remove from oven and set aside.
- While the veggies are roasting, combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight lid and shake to combine. Chop the apple, and tomatoes and set aside.
- When the vegetables are done, toss everything except beets together. Once it is well combined, gently fold in the beets and serve warm.