2 cups of broccoli, core removed and finely chopped
3 stalks of celery, chopped
4 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
1/4 red onion, diced
1 large ripe avocado, diced
For the Dressing:
½ a lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
¼ teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Firstly, put the broccoli in a bowl and pour over boiling water, to lightly blanch for 5 minutes, then strain all the excess water. This makes the broccoli slightly tender and gives it a bold, vibrant color.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the broccoli, bacon, red onion and celery
- In a separate bowl, combine the avocado, and dressing together. You can either lightly mix and leave the diced avocado as is for texture. Or you could mash it together to make a sauce.
- Spoon out the avocado mixture and stir into the broccoli salad
- Chill the refrigerator for about an hour, or serve as it, slightly warm.
- Be sure to serve this salad within a couple of hours.
This salad can be enjoyed as a light meal for 2 or serve it as a side salad for 4 people.