Pho is a beautiful clean broth that leaves you feeling great. This recipe is quick and easy, and no doubt a crowd pleaser.
For the Broth:
- 6 cups bone broth
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 onions (peeled and halved)
- 4 – 5 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled and smashed)
- 1 thumbsized piece of fresh ginger (roughly sliced)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 whole star anise seed
- 250 grams grass fed sirloin steak (thinly sliced)
- 400 grams zucchini noodles
- 1 cup button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup spring onin (sliced)
- 1 green chili (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup corriander (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup holy basil leaves (torn)
- 1 lime (quartered)
- Organic Sriracha (to serve)
- In a large stock pot, add in beef bone broth, as well as the other bone broth ingredients.
- Bring the broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and let broth simmer for 30 minutes.
- Slice beef into very thin slices. Set aside in the refrigerator to keep cold until ready to add to the broth.
- Strain the broth and discard the solids. Return the broth to the stove to keep warm.
- In four soup bowls, prepare each serving by adding in zucchini noodles to the bottom.
- Top with pho broth and add in 5-6 raw beef slices.
- Top each bowl with desired amount of herbs, vegetables, sriracha and chili. Serve immediately.