Gut healing, and gentle of the digestive system this soup contains the healing properties of ginger and turmeric.
- 2 Tablespoons coconut OR olive oil
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 Whole Onion Diced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- A pinch of dried chili flakes
- 1 kg carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup butternut, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1-inch piece of turmeric root, peeled and grated (or use ½ tsp ground)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 cups filtered water or bone broth
- 1 cup coconut milk + ¼ for serving
- Chopped flat leaf parsley for garnishing
- Melt coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute the minced ginger, garlic, onion and pepper flakes for until glossy. Do not brown or develop color.
- Add carrots, sweet potato, salt, cinnamon and turmeric and cook another 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water/ bone broth and coconut milk, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until carrots are very soft, 25-30 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in a blender, until smooth.
- Divide soup between your serving bowls and drizzle with coconut milk, finish with chopped parsley and seasoning, if desired.