6 medium beetroot, peeled
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Himalayan salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 cup shredded fresh mint
150 g baby salad leaves
200 g goats cheese, crumbled
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- On a large baking sheet, set a large sheet of aluminum foil and place the beets over one half of the aluminum sheet. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and salt. Fold the aluminum sheet in half and fold the three open edges to enclose the beets.
- Roast the beets for 45 minutes, or until tender when pierced. Let the beets rest for 5 minutes, then remove skins, cut each beet into slices or quarters.
- In a large bowl, toss the beets with the balsamic vinegar and wholegrain mustard and set aside to cool completely.
- To make the salad, place the mint, salad leaves, crumbled goat cheese and olive oil in a bowl and toss to combine. To serve, divide the salad on serving plates, and top with the marinated beets. Drizzle with a bit of the balsamic vinegar-mustard mixture. Serve and enjoy!