5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
500g small zucchini, trimmed and cut into 3’s
Himalayan salt and pepper, to taste
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
A small handful fresh basil leaves, sliced
- Working in batches as needed, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy base griddle pan over medium-high heat. Arrange the zucchini cut side down in one layer in the hot skillet and cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Use a fork or tongs to turn the zucchini over, then cook them until tender, about 2 minutes, reducing the heat if the zucchini get too dark.
- Transfer the zucchini to a shallow dish and sprinkle with salt.
- Whisk together the garlic, vinegar, and remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the zucchini and add the basil. Gently toss everything together and adjust the seasonings.
- Let the zucchini marinate at room temperature for about 1 hour before serving. Alternately, let marinate longer in the refrigerator.
Keywords: Marinated Zucchini