300g wild salmon, skinless and boneless, cooked and shredded
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
2 large free range eggs
1 tablespoon coconut flour
1 tablespoon cassava flour
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon coconut oil
Fresh lime wedges, to serve
3 - 4 cups of green/purple cabbage, finely shredded
1 cup plain kefir yogurt
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar ( or more to your taste)
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ cup chopped fresh herbs like chives & dill
a drizzle of olive or hemp seed oil
- For the Salmon Patties: In a large bowl, combine all the salmon pattie ingredients, using your hands, mix well to combine.
- Form the mixture into balls and then flatten into disks, the mixture should form 5-6 patties.
- Add patties to a plate and transfer to the fridge for 30 minutes to chill before cooking. This will help them hold their shape.
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat on medium, add the coconut oil and melt, add patties and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until crispy and golden. Depending on the size of your pan you may need to work in batches.
- For the Slaw: Mix all slaw ingredients together. Taste and adjust.
- Serve fish cakes warm or a bed of the kefir slaw, along with fresh lime wedges or store and eat cold for lunch the next day.