Easy Keto Thai Chicken Keto Curry
500 - 600g Free range/organic chicken thighs, (substitution: chicken breasts, fish)
1 1/4 cup coconut milk
4 teaspoons red or green thai curry paste (click the link for a homemade keto friendly curry paste)
1/3 cup onion, diced
1 tablespoon Coconut oil
Himalayan salt & pepper to taste
Fresh coriander (aka cilantro)
2 - 3 cups Cauliflower Rice
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Prepare the chicken thighs. Then, use 1 - 2 teaspoons of the red curry paste to rub on the chicken. Set them aside in the fridge until you ready to use them, 15 - 30 minutes.
- Heat a skillet/cast iron pot (oven proof) and melt the coconut oil. When the coconut oil is completely melts, saute the onions and remaining curry paste and cook for 5 minutes. Until a delicious aroma is released.
- Add the chicken and cook the top part of the the chicken thigh for about 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Flip the chicken over reduce the heat and add the coconut milk. Bring it to a low simmer.
- Place the entire pot in the oven and bake the curry for 15 minutes at 200C/400F. You can grill the curry for the last 2 minutes to ensure a golden brown on top of the chicken.
- While the curry is baking, steam the cauliflower rice and lightly season.
- Serve the curry with the cauliflower rice and fresh coriander/cilantro.
As an alternative to cauliflower rice, you could use organic steamed jasmine rice or zucchini noodles.