1 ½ cup almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
⅓ cup erythritol
¼ teaspoon salt
3 large whole eggs, free range
¼ cup passionfruit
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup plain coconut milk yoghurt or organic yoghurt
1 cup coconut milk
¼ cup melted coconut oil or butter
For The Keto Passion Fruit Curd:
¼ cup passion fruit
½ cup erythritol
1 tablespoon of coconut oil or butter
3 whole eggs, free range
1 egg Yolk, free range
- Preheat oven to 180C and coat an 8x4 loaf pan with butter, or coconut oil. You can also add parchment paper to ensure the cake comes out properly.
- Add all dry ingredients to a medium-sized bowl - almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, add eggs and vanilla. Beat on high for 1 minute until light and fluffy. Add in coconut yogurt or sour cream, coconut oil or melted butter, passion fruit, and coconut milk. Beat on high for 30-45 seconds.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in 2 to 3 batches. Mix well until combined. Let sit for 2 minutes. Mix one more time on low speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until tops and edges are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when poked through the center. Add additional baking time if needed.
- To make the topping, add melted coconut butter and 3 tablespoons of milk to a small bowl. Stir well until smooth. This down as much as you like by adding more milk. Pour or drizzle over warm cake. Zest fresh lemon on top if you like.
For The Curd:
- In a small saucepan add the passionfruit pulp, erythritol, and the eggs. Whisk thoroughly until well mixed and add the saucepan to the stove, turn the heat to medium.
- Allow the mixture to slowly cook and be sure to stir constantly or the eggs with scramble! The curb with begins to thicken, about 10 mins until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from the heat and add the coconut oil or butter if you’re using it.
- Put the mixture into a sterilized jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Passionfruit curd can also be turned into a lemon or raspberry curd! Just swap out the passionfruit for freshly squeezed lemon juice or fresh raspberries that have been mashed!