Delicious coconut flour crumbed beef strips, added to a stick Asian sauce and packed with goodness!
500g Grass fed Ribeye Steak, sliced into ¼” strips
1 tbsp Coconut Flour
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
4 tbsp Coconut aminos
1 tsp Sesame Oil (optional)
1 tbsp Rice Vinegar, plus 1 tsp
1 tsp Sriracha (optional)
½ tsp Dried Red Pepper Flakes
1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
½ medium Capsicum (Red Pepper), sliced into thin strips
2 cups Broccoli Florets
½ medium Jalapeno Pepper, sliced into thin rings (optional)
1 clove Garlic, minced
1 tsp Ginger, minced
1 tsp honey
3 medium Radish, sliced into matchstick sizes
- Chop ribeye steak into small strips, about 1/4″ in thickness. Place the meat in a bowl and pour the coconut flour over the meat in order to coat all the pieces. This flour will act as a light breading in order to create the crispy beef texture. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Prepare all vegetables. Slice Capsicum (Red Pepper) into thin strips, jalapeno into thin rings into small pieces, the broccoli into small florets and mince the garlic and ginger.
- In a wok pan or large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat. Once hot, add garlic, ginger, broccoli and red pepper strips. Fry for 2 minutes until aromatic, taking care not to burn. Add the coconut aminos, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey and sriracha. Whisk to combine and allow to cook down for 1-2 minutes. Then add sesame seeds and red pepper flakes to sauce mixture and stir.
- While vegetables are cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a large pan on high heat. Once the oil reaches the proper temperature, add beef strips, making sure not to crowd the pot. With this shallow fry technique, you will need to turn the meat in the pan once to allow both sides to cook evenly. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the meat begins to develop a deep brown crust.
- Remove the beef from the oil and place on paper towels to absorb some of the oil.
- Next, drop the cooked crispy beef into the wok pan containing the sauce and stir to combine.
- Cook for an additional 2 minutes to develop the flavours of the meat and sauce together.
- Serve on a bed of cauliflower rice or organic steamed jasmine rice for a non-keto option. Garnish with jalapeno and radish slices and Coriander or Basil.
For those not following a specific low carb or grain free diet, cauliflower rice can be substitute with organic steamed jasmine rice.
Mung bean sprouts are also a great addition to this dish.