The perfect mid-week meal. Simple, delicious and gut healing. The whole family will love it.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme and rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup celery stalks, diced
- 300g carrots, peeled, diced
- 500g grass fed, beef mince
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup filtered water or bone broth
- 200g zucchini, peeled and diced
- 200g sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 200g button mushrooms, quartered
- Steamed cauliflower rice, to serve
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, herbs, and celery. Saute until onions become translucent.
- Add the mince and stir with a wooden spoon to break up the mince until browned.
- Add zucchini, sweet potato and carrot.
- Add the tomato puree and 1 cup of cold water. Stir to combine. Season with Himalayan salt and pepper.
- Cover and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat to medium and simmer. Stir occasionally while you allow the savoury mince to cook for 20 minutes or until potato is just tender.
- Add mushrooms. Stir well and cook for another 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve your savoury mince with cauliflower rice.
Recipe can also be served with zucchini noodles or organic jasmine rice for an option with grain.