1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
2 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 teaspoon fresh basil
1 pack white button mushrooms
2 pack brown mushrooms
1 pack mixed exotic mushrooms (optional, use normal white mushrooms if you prefer)
2 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari for gluten-free
1 can coconut milk
½ cup of our gut healing bone broth, optional
Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of dried chili flakes, optional
Fresh herbs of your choice to garnish
- Add the olive oil to a pot with the onion and garlic, fresh thyme and basil and sauté briefly.
- Then add the sliced mushrooms and the soy sauce, and cover the pot. Cook on medium high, covered, for around 10 minutes.
- This will allow the mushrooms to release their water.
- After 10 minutes, remove the lid, and cook for a further 10 minutes uncovered to allow some of the water to cook off.
- Then add the coconut milk and broth, and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, allowing the flavors to blend properly.
- Add sea salt, black pepper, chili flakes to taste.
- Use a stick blender to blitz until smooth or leave as is, for a chunky soup
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.