2 medium to large pears
1 cup ground almonds
¼ cup coconut flour
¾ cup cassava flour
1/4 cup arrowroot
1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten/aluminium fee)
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch sea salt
½ cup coconut sugar (or Honey/Erythritol)
2 large free range eggs
½ cup pear puree
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
⅓ cup olive oil
⅓ cup almond milk
4 tablespoon tahini
2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
3-4 tablespoon almond milk
toasted flaked almonds
- Peel, quarter and core pears and cut into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line 10" x 4½" loaf tin.
- In a large bowl mix together the ground almonds, coconut, and cassava flour, arrowroot, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, salt and sugar and set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, pear puree, grated ginger, olive oil, and almond milk.
- Now add the liquid mixture to the dry mix and mix until well combined. It should be a thick batter.
- Fold in the cubed pears.
- Scoop the mixture into your prepared tin and level out the surface.
- Bake for about 40-45 min or until a cocktail stick comes out clean or with just a few crumbs.
- Remove from the oven once ready and leave to cool down for 20 min before removing from the tin. Allow it to cool down further on a rack.
- In the meantime whisk all of the ingredients for the tahini drizzle.
- When the cake is room temperature place it on the serving plate and pour over the drizzle mixture letting it drip over the sides.
- Top with your choices of toasted flaked almonds, edible flowers, thyme sprigs, coconut chips or fresh pears.
- Serve and enjoy!
For the Pear Puree: Peel, quarter and core two medium to large pears and place in a small pot with a little water. Cover and cook until soft. Strain and blend until smooth puree forms.