Gut healing Chicken Noodle Soup, warm and scrumptious crowd pleaser!
2 tablespoon coconut oil
2 medium onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 celery sticks, washed and chopped
2 leeks, washed and sliced
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon ginger powder
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
2 carrots, washed and cubed
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 cups cooked free range chicken, shredded
2 L water or bone broth
1 cup pumpkin, peeled and cubed
3 cup green kale, de-stemmed and chopped
500g zucchini noodles
Olive oil to serve
Handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat, and saute the chopped onions, garlic,celery, leeks and all the dry spices and herbs until fragrant and translucent
- Add carrots and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add bay leaves, vinegar, bone broth or water, chicken and pumpkin, cook on medium until pumpkin and other vegetables have softened, about 35 minutes.
- Now add the chopped green leaves and noodles and cook for a further 3 – 5 minutes until tender
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh chopped parsley.
- Rice noodles can be used in place of the zucchini noodles
- You can also use raw chicken in this recipe (free range chicken pieces). Brown the chicken pieces in the pot when sauteing the onions. Continue with the recipe and shred the chicken before serving.