1.8 kg soup bones with marrow of beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, duck or fish (grass-fed or organic if possible)
2 medium onions, peeled, diced
4 large carrots, chopped
4 celery stalks, with leaves, chopped
8 cloves garlic, peel on and smashed
3 sprigs fresh thyme
5 sprigs fresh parsley
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
5L filtered or spring water
- Roast bones in oven for 30-45 minutes or until brown (to intensify flavour).
- After roasting bones place all ingredients in a large slow cooker.
- Add in filtered water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce and simmer gently.
- Simmer for 24-48 hours.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Take out bones and poor remainder into a bowl through a strainer. Let stock cool to room temperature, cover, and chill.
- Consume 1-3 cups daily or at least 3 times per week for gut healing properties.
- Use within a week or freeze up to 3 months.