- 250g Butternut/Pumpkin steamed and pureed
- ¼ – ½ cup erythritol or honey
- 14g Salted Butter softened or Olive oil
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg yolk for brushing the tops
- 1 ¼ cup Gluten Free Flour (½ cassava flour, ½ oat flour, ¼ tapioca)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (GF and Aluminium free)
- 1 cup White Rice Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons Xanthan Gum
- Preheat your oven to about 225ºC and line a tray with baking paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, place the butter or oil and sweetener of your choice. Using electric beater, beat on high speed until incorporated, continue to beat again until it forms a very pale creamy mixture.
- Now add in the one whole egg and continue to beat thoroughly.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and mix until well combined.
- Put the dry ingredients into the bowl and mix together with a spatula. (If the mixture is still a little sticky add a touch more flour until a dough forms.)
- Dust your work surface with GF Flour and turn the dough. Roughly knead the dough until it becomes smooth, then gently roll it out until it’s about 2.5cm.
- Take your scone cutter and cut out the scone shapes until the dough runs out.
- Move the scones to the prepared tray. Brush with the beaten egg yolk and pop them straight into the preheated hot oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the scones puffy and golden. Once they are done remove them from the oven, and serve with grass-fed butter and honey or for a savoury option try some herby chevin goats cheese!