130g grass-fed butter, softened
115g plain gluten-free flour (low fodmap friendly mix)
45g powdered erythritol or 100g honey
50g gluten-free custard powder
1-2tsp vanilla extract
For the Filling (optional):
60g grass-fed butter softened
100g powdered erythritol, sifted
6–8 fresh raspberries or frozen raspberries, defrosted
- Preheat oven to 160ºC.
- Line 2 cookie trays with baking paper or silicone baking sheets.
- In a medium-sized bowl beat the butter until pale and fluffy.
- Sift all other ingredients into the bowl, plus add the vanilla extract and beat until a dough is formed.
- Roll a teaspoon of dough into balls and place onto baking trays. Don’t sit the cookies to close to each other as they do spread out a little.
- Using a fork squash them slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes or until just cooked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once the cookies have completely cooled, you can begin to make the frosting and sandwich cookies together if using the filing.
For the Filling:
- Once again beat the butter until light and creamy. Add the sifted powdered erythritol and raspberries and beat together until light and fluffy.