3 free-range eggs, room temperature
4 tablespoon melted butter or coconut oil
1 teaspoon honey (or sweetener of your choice – erythritol or xylitol)
½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
¾ cup cassava flour
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
2 cups almond/coconut milk
additional butter or coconut oil for frying
- Beat eggs on medium-high until pale yellow and fluffy.
- Add butter or coconut oil, honey, Himalayan salt, and cassava flour and beat on low speed to combine.
- Add almond milk, one cup at a time, mixing well after each addition, and beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly buttered stainless steel over medium heat.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter onto the pan and tilt it with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crêpe for about a minute, until the bottom is light brown and can easily be loosened with a thin metal spatula.
- Turn the crêpe and cook the other side.
- Serve with your favourite seasonal berries and a drizzle of honey.
P.S. Instead of using powdered sugar to dust over your crepes, use a touch of coconut flour (same look without the sugar ;).