2 large free-range egg
¼ cup olive oil or coconut oil
½ cup bananas mashed
100g frozen blueberries
½ cup raw honey
¼ cup almond milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup gluten-free rolled oats (blended to flour)
¼ cup almond meal
2 tablespoon tapioca starch
¼ cup white rice flour
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder (gluten & aluminium free)
- Preheat oven to 190ºC.
- Lightly grease muffin tin with butter or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl melt the coconut oil. If you’re using olive oil skip this step.
- In the same large bowl with the oil mix in the egg, mashed bananas (if using), sweetener, almond milk and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix together the oats, almond meal, tapioca starch, white rice flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet, and stir until just combined. Gently stir in the frozen blueberries.
- Pour the batter evenly into 6 – 9 muffin tins and bake for approximately 35 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes and then remove. They will stay fresh in a container at room temperature for a few days, or in the freezer for a few months.