1/4 cup grass-fed Butter, plus 1 tablespoon
500g organic Duck Liver
2 Shallots, sliced
4 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh Thyme, chopped
2 Bay Leaves
1 tablespoon fresh Rosemary, chopped
2 tablespoon organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
Sea Salt to taste
Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Saute the shallots, garlic, salt and pepper in one tablespoon of butter for 3- 5 minutes on medium.
- Then add the duck liver (make sure to drain off any liquid). Saute 5- 7 more minutes, then add herbs/spices and vinegar. Let the vinegar cook off.
- Add to the food processor. Immediately add the butter slowly in chunks. You need the heat from the livers to melt the butter.
- Pulse the food processor several times until the desired consistency is reached.
- Add to a glass storage container and chill for two hours.
- Served with seed crackers, fresh vegetable sticks such as carrots, red pepper slices, cucumber and celery.