1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 cup onion, diced
1/2 pumpkin peeled and cubed (about 8 cups) (or whole butternut)
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
4 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary and thyme, diced
4-5 cups vegetable broth or bone broth
1 cup coconut milk
Optional for garnish
Red chilli, sliced
Coconut milk, to drizzle
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook for a few minutes until translucent. Add pumpkin, sweet potato, garlic and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- Add rosemary and choice of broth. Bring to a simmer and cook until pumpkin is soft and cooked through. Add salt to taste.
- Puree soup in a blender, or using a stick blender until smooth and creamy.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for another minute or two.
- Serve warm and topped with your choice of garnish.