2 tablespoon grass-fed gelatin powder
800ml coconut cream
200g chia seeds
zest of ½ lemon
400g mixed fresh or frozen organic berries
Optional: 3 tablespoons raw honey (leave out if you doing keto)
- Line a 20cm x 30cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Place gelatin in a small bowl. Add 4 tablespoons of filtered water and set aside for 5 minutes to allow the gelatin granules to soften and expand.
- Heat the coconut cream in a saucepan over medium heat until just starting to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin mixture and stir until the gelatin has dissolved. Stir in honey (if using).
- Pour warm coconut cream mixture into a bowl, sprinkle in chia seeds, a little at a time and mix through.
- Fold in lemon zest and half the berries.
- Pour into the prepared baking tin. Smooth the top with a spatula, then sprinkle the remaining berries.
- Cover and place in the fridge to set for 4 hours.
- When the chia slice is firm, remove from the tin and cut into 5cm squares. Can be stored in the fridge for 1 week.