Delicious homemade gluten and grain free pizza base!
1 cup cassava flour
1 tbsp coconut flour
5 tbsp arrowroot flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup warm water (approx 105-110F)
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
1 tbsp honey
- Start by preparing the yeast mixture. In a small bowl, add warm water, yeast and honey. Mix to dissolve. Set aside for 10 minutes or until it gets foamy ontop.
- Mix dry ingredients in large mixing bowl to combine.
- Lightly whisk eggs and olive oil together in a separate bowl.
- Add egg mixture and activated yeast to the dry ingredients.
- Mix well until a dough ball forms. Transfer ball to an oiled bowl, cover with paper towel and set aside in a warm place to rise for 1 hour. It will not double in size like a typical gluten pizza, but it will rise a little.
- Once dough has risen, preheat oven to 200C/400F. Place the dough onto a baking sheet or pizza stone and shape dough with your hands by pushing down from the center towards the outer edge (you could alternatively try to use a rolling pin). Flatten your pizza about 1/8-1/4 inch thin. Roll the crust thick or thin (to your liking) by shaping with your fingers and rolling the edges. Use extra cassava or coconut flour if dough is sticking.
- Place your toppings on the dough, we used a homemade napolitana sauce, mozzarella, a drizzle of olive oil and fresh basil. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes (depending on your oven) until dough is slightly golden and crisp.
- Slice your pizza and enjoy!
The dough will make one large base or two smaller bases.