750 grams butternut, skin removed and cubed
1 teaspoon ground cumin
4 cups rocket leaves
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
4 spring onions
100g goats cheese
½ cup raw almonds, chopped
1 tablespoon chili flakes
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
salt & pepper to season
Plus 2 tablespoon coconut oil or more extra virgin olive oil, for roasting the pumpkin
For The Dressing:
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2–3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 160˚C. Cut the butternut into cubes. Add them to a baking sheet and rub with coconut or olive/olive oil, and sprinkle over the cumin. Season and toss around, be sure to spread the cubes out evenly across the tray.
- Bake the pumpkin for approximately 30-40 minutes or until soft, but not falling apart. Set aside to cool.
- Rinse the rocket and the parsley.
- Trim and finely slice the spring onions; set the spring onions aside.
- In a large salad bowl combine about half of the rocket leaves and parsley and lay on the bottom of the salad bowl. Layer the butternut cubes and the remaining rocket and parsley on top of each other in the bowl.
- Break the goat’s cheese into little chunks and distribute over the top of the salad.
- Scatter over the spring onions, flaked almonds, pumpkin seeds, chili flakes and the remaining rocket and parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
This salad can be served as a whole light meal or as a side dish.