1 Chinese cabbage (or a mix of purple & green cabbage)
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2½ cm piece ginger, grated
1 tablespoon fish sauce(optional)
2 tablespoon sriracha chili sauce or crushed fresh chili
1 tablespoon coconut blossom sugar
3 tablespoon rice vinegar
8 radishes, coarsely grated
2 carrots, cut into matchsticks or coarsely grated
4 spring onions, finely shredded
- Shred the cabbage.
- Tip into a bowl, mix with 1 tablespoon Himalayan salt, then set it aside for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the kimchi paste by blending the garlic, ginger, fish sauce (if using), chili sauce, coconut sugar, and rice vinegar together in a small bowl.
- Rinse the cabbage under cold running water, drain and dry thoroughly. Transfer to a large bowl and toss through the paste, along with the radishes, carrot and spring onions.
- Pack into a large sterilized jar, seal tightly and leave to ferment at room temperature for one week, then once ready and opened, store in the fridge.
- The flavour will improve the longer it’s left.